The Body Mind Being Institute is for those who want to use yoga in a field that helps people change themselves for the better and become empowered to live more authentic and meaningful lives. Our program is fully accredited by Yoga Alliance. We offer a way of living. Yoga is and always has been an ancient system of healing. When we honor its wisdom over the posture, deeply intertwined with the fitness industry, we come home to our bodies mind, and spirit. This program will offer life-changing and empowering instruction with skills to facilitate group and private sessions using our ten themes of transformation. Our program is for practitioners serious about initiating change in their life and in the world.
“The Body Mind Being Institute is more than just a certification or yoga class…it starts with a personal journey that begins a process from within one’s Self, without a prescription. The wise, knowledgeable, authentic, guiding mentors and instructors, allow for the phenomenal connections and discernment between the individual, others, and the Divine Plan throughout the training. Not only will you as a student or client discover higher plains unimaginable, but the alignment instilled along the way will bring one closer to a true essence in life.” –Kelley
Our teacher training uniquely includes Trauma-Informed and inclusive training.
For 18 years, The Body Mind Being Institute has been guiding students to realize and step into their own unique practice and empower individuals seeking to create impactful change in their own life and community. We are an organization of facilitators who are brought together on a foundation of love, self-acceptance, personal growth, and deep connection. Our protocols are currently being utilized in private practices, hospitals, wellness centers, other health care facilities, prisons, addiction centers, and schools, both as stand-alone programs and as a complementary modality.
Are you ready to live your yoga? This training is for you!
Dates & Curriculum
- Learn to Skillfully Witness: Dates Offered: February 3, 4, 5, 2023 or April 14, 15, 16 2023.
You are invited to start your profound change here. So many of us are looking to be seen. Looking for deep connection to ourselves and meaningful, true relationship with others. Do you desire to be witnessed just as you are? People that we can share the deep emotions and stories that we feel are only our own. Though, this 200-hour journey is internal and unique. When we do it together, it gives everyone permission and support to be authentic and live their full potential.
This part of your training is to learn to skillfully guide a process that brings people into a state of self-awareness and inner presence. Most importantly, into the well of wisdom inside of themselves. To be able to skillfully witness our own embodiment. To change the relationship with our bodies, the relationship to Self, and the relationship with each other.
2. Hybrid Dates 6:00-9:00 EST
June 7, 21
July 12, 26
3. Upper Michigan Based Retreat: May 2-7, 2023
4. In-Person Ceremony Graduation August 23
Apply Now, space is limited!
Investment: All-Inclusive $2,895.
Includes your retreat, all modules, mentorship, private session, training hours.
What Makes Our Level I Program Unique
- We offer three levels of certification. Our modular program allows you to take classes and apply them to advance training.
- Individual mentoring throughout your training. Our passionate instructors will be with your every step of your journey allowing space for you to grow, experience as well as providing leadership. Having a dedicated mentor allows for greater personal and educational growth during your training experience.
- Registered yoga school with Yoga Alliance. If you complete all of the core curriculum and elective hours to fulfill a Level I Body Mind Being 200 Hour Yoga Certification you will be able to register with Yoga Alliance as a RYT-200.
- Room to continue on in your education with The Body Mind Being Institute. Because our modular program allows for individual modulus to be completed at your own pace that means that you can fulfil requirements for our Level II and Level III program alongside fulfilling a Level I certification. This is what sets The Body Mind Being Institute apart from other yoga training schools.
Who are our trainings geared towards:
- Practitioners serious about initiating change in their life and in the world.
- Aspiring yoga teachers looking to add to their credentials or pursuing a RYT-200 designation from Yoga Alliance.
- Existing RYT-200 seeking a RYT-500 via our Level II or Level III certifications.
- Existing RYT’s who are seeking Continuing Education Credits.
- Our program is for practitioners serious about initiating change in their life and in the world
Foundations of Yoga for Transformation Section I
How to structure an intentional yoga class. Therapeutic yoga, kramas, The components of an intelligent yoga class. Themed class design. Teaching methodology, cueing, ethics, boundaries, orientation, finding your authentic voice, and empowerment, embodiment, invitation language.
Therapeutic yoga, kramas, The components of an intelligent yoga class. Themed class design. Teaching methodology, cueing, ethics, boundaries, orientation, finding your authentic voice, and empowerment, embodiment, invitation language.
Embodiment/Transformational Process. Learn about your own innate resiliency and embodiment. Learn how to facilitate a present moment experience and all the necessary competencies to help your students live a more authentic and meaningful life. Explore the transformational process to facilitate a system that a person holds as a basis for self-awareness, the interpretation of life, and overarching purpose in life. Going through and guiding one of our classes is like slowly peeling the onion. Alternatively, healing and moving through the many layers (koshas).
Holistic Anatomy 101 Movement & Subtle Body
Prana – our life force energy, is one of the most potent ways to reclaim and potentially bring a being into balance. This course covers the theory, structure, and in-depth practice of prāṇāyāma for health, healing, and meditation – the techniques and anatomy which utilize the breath for purification and energy cultivation. It also covers developing your own practice. Learn about the rhythm, flow and moving with the breath through kriya. How to utilize the 5 Vayus, the essential energetic flows in the body. as well as developing and maintaining a personal practice.
Self-Care, Kriyas, Yamas, Nyamas, History of yoga, and Prakriti/Purusha.
The Esoteric Body (Chakras)
Learning Bodies (Posture, Body Assessment, Appreciating Uniqueness of Different Body Types). Energy medicine.
101- Trauma & The Emotional Body, Trauma Informed Yoga Educator
The body speaks what the mind often cannot. Every experience we have in life is processed through our physical bodies. Experiences with trauma creates patterns of disconnection from the wisdom in our bodies. In this course, we will practice witnessing how our own experiences are manifesting in our bodies and our lives. Witnessing our own journey is ultimately what prepares us to witness and guide the journey of another.
The layers from trauma can vary in complexity and needs. Taking into account the whole person, we teach an experiential process over a prescription. In this training, you will learn to facilitate an inquiry of presence and deep listening to the body. This inquiry allows the clients or students to explore the skills and abilities needed to find their own way to cope with trauma-related symptoms, and the supportive space to reclaim their bodies and their lives.
KEEP IN TOUCH!
We're always prepping for workshops and experiences, as well as sharing tips and tricks! Sign up for our newsletter to stay in the loop on all the incredible stuff we do.
We promise we'll only send an email every other week or so.
Thank you for subscribing!